Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Resurrection

Sure I used to fall
Sure I used to lose my mind
Sure I was lost
Sure I was sad
Sure I was disappointed
Sure I was broken
Sure I was shattered
Sure I was dying
Sure I was ever buried
In the very same soil that nurtures the grass, daffodils and willows
the low, temporary, crooked
yet they live and breathe

Sure I am incomplete
Sure I am weak
Sure I am insecure
Sure I can't have it all

I only have two hands
I can't hold the whole world
but I have had more than enough to be grateful for

Then the incompleteness finds its antithesis
The notion of weakness is expelled:
with these two tiny hands I've grabbed so much
more than what I actually need to feel fulfilled

Besides,
I am the sole owner of my own-self,
a self that is larger than life
a self that is so close that I sometimes forget
a self that is high, permanent, steady
a self that can bend down low, a self that can flow, a self that can stand straight
a self that I love, a self that I live

So, rise up
Be happy.

AW, January 26, 2010

No comments: